Health and Adult Social Care Staff Training Pack
Challenging Behaviour in Dementia Training Pack
|Helps employers meet CQC requirements for staff training. Meets the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities). Meets the outcomes for Skills for Care Common Induction Standards 3 & 7. Provides Evidence for Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units DEM 205, DEM 207 & HSC 3045. Provides Evidence for Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units HSC3045 and DEM 310.|
This training pack is intended for staff who already have a basic knowledge and understanding of working with dementia. The training pack is intended to help staff focus on issues around challenging behaviour.
What's included in the Challenging Behaviour in Dementia Double DVD/CD Pack?
The Challenging Behaviour pack is an effective and simple to use training tool, written & developed by experienced professionals.
The DVD includes:
• Power Point presentation viewable on your PC, Mac or TV via a DVD player.
The CD includes:
• Comprehensive printable staff training knowledge workbook.
• Power Point presentation of workbook.
• Printable training question sheets.
• Printable training answer sheets.
• Printable Certificate.
Certificates can be presented to your staff when they successfully complete their training.
The Benefits of using W&P's Training Packs
- A single purchase allows you train as many learners as you require.
- All packs include certification.
- Clearly written and very user friendly.
- Comprehensive - covering all required knowledge.
- Tried, tested and developed by experienced trainers and professionals.
What does the Challenging Behaviour in Dementia training pack cover?
1. Scope and purpose of the training pack
2. Defining challenging behaviour
3. Which behaviours might staff describe as challenges?
4. Traditional Vs Contemporary approaches to dementia care
5. Psychological protection theory
7. Adaptive paranoia
10. Self centeredness
11. Exploring some typical challenging behaviours
12. Reality Orientation and challenging behaviour
13. Validation and expressing needs
14. Using distraction
15. Working with aggression
16. Aggression and the autonomic nervous system
17. The sympathetic nervous system
18. The parasympathetic nervous system
19. Threat signals
20. Safety signals
21. Dealing with aggression – verbal and non-verbal skills
22. Aggression or assertiveness?
23. Reaching resolution
24. The ABC of challenging behaviour
28. Staff support and supervision
29. The challenging behaviour tool shed
Preview the Challenging Behaviour Training Pack
How do I use the Challenging Behaviour in Dementia Training Pack?
Purchase your chosen pack or packs, duplicate the knowledge work book and give to your staff / learners or, use the powerpoint presentation to deliver a more visual training or, a combination of both.
Mark the completed question sheets.
Certificate all successful learners.