Health and Adult Social Care Staff Training Packs
Safe Handling of Medicine for Domiciliary Workers Training Pack
|Covers Skills for Care knowledge set on Medication. Helps employers meet CQC requirements for staff training. Meets the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities). Meets the outcomes for Skills for Care Common Induction Standard 8. Provides Evidence for Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units ASM 34 & HSC 3047. Provides Evidence for Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units ASM 34 & HSC 3047.|
What does the Safe Handling of Medicine for Domiciliary workers pack cover?
Safe Handling of Medicine for Domiciliary workers is covered in three parts looking at key areas that need to be understood in the safe handling of medicine.
1. The Law – Legislation and Medication.
2. The Control and Administration of Medicine.
3. Medicine its action, interaction and reaction.
Each part is self-contained and comprises of:
• The required knowledge.
• An accompanying Power Point Presentation.
• A set of questions.
• A set of answers to the questions for the trainer.
• A certificate that may be issued when the answers to the questions meet the trainer's requirements.
The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, Outcome 21, Regulation 20 and the Social Care Record Guarantee (England) states that the Registered Person shall make arrangements for the recording, handling, safe keeping, safe administration and disposal of medicines used in the course of the provision of personal care to clients.
Whilst the packs provide all necessary knowledge, it is however essential that there is regular practical assessment of domiciliary staff involved in the control and administration of medicine. Without this regular assessment individuals may be put at risk through bad practice.
The Benefits of using W&P's Training Packs
- A single purchase allows you train as many learners as you require.
- All packs include certification.
- Clearly written and very user friendly.
- Comprehensive - covering all required knowledge.
- Tried, tested and developed by experienced trainers and professionals.
Preview the Safe Handling of Medicine for Domiciliary Workers Training Pack
What format does the Medication for Domiciliary workers Training package come in?
Our Medication training pack comes on a Double DVD/CD.
The DVD includes:
• Power Point presentation viewable on your PC, Mac or TV via a DVD player.
The CD includes:
• Comprehensive printable staff training knowledge workbook.
• Power Point presentation of workbook.
• Printable training question sheets.
• Printable training answer sheets.
• Printable Certificate.
How do I use this Training Pack?
Purchase your chosen pack or packs, duplicate the knowledge work book and give to your staff / learners or, use the powerpoint presentation to deliver a more visual training or, a combination of both.
Mark the completed question sheets.
Certificate all successful learners.