| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Care Assessor's Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Care Assessor's Forum /

Understanding the Principals and requirements of Assessment

Author Mattymanc
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 7 Dec 2011 11:20
Hi,

everyone I have created this topic to hopefully ensure anyone doing the new TAQA has an area to ask for help and see others support and valued opinions and ideas for completing the elements below. Unit 301 is a knowledge based unit for new and existing assessors or anyone who wishes to know about the theory of assessment. You do not need to carry out any assessment activities with learners to achieve this unit. Generally you will be assessed for this knowledge unit through a detailed professional discussion with your assessor.

L01 Understanding the Principals and requirements of Assessment

1.1 - The function of assessment in learning and development.
1.2 - The Key concepts and principals of assessment.
1.3 - The responsibilities of an assessor.
1.4 - The regulations and requirements relevant to assessment in my own are of practice.

L02 Understanding the different types of Assessment

2.1 - How to use different types of assessment to meet the individuals needs.
2.2 - The strengths and limitations of a range of assessment methods in relation to the individual learner needs.

L03 Understanding how to plan Assessment

3.1 - The key factors to consider when planning assessment.
3.2 - The benefits of using an holistic approach to assessment.
3.3 - How to apply holistic assessment when planning assessment.
3.4 - The types of risks that may be involved in assessment in my own areas of responsibility.
3.5 - How to minimize risks through the planning process.

L04 Understand how to involve the learner and others in the Assessment process

4.1 - The importance of involving the learner and others in the assessment process.
4.2 - The types of information that should be made available to learners and others involved in the assessment process.
4.3 - How peer and self-assessment can be used effectively to promote learner involvement and personal responsibility in the assessment of learning.
4.4 - How assessment arrangements can be adapted to meet the needs of individual learners.

L05 Understand how to make assessment decsions

5.1 - The meaning of the terms valid, authentic, current and sufficient when judging evidence.
5.2 - How to ensure that assessment decisions are made against specified criteria and are reliable and fair.

L06 Understand how your assessments contribute to the quality assurance of assessment

6.1 - The importance of quality assurance.
6.2 - The quality assurance and standardisation procedures in your own area of workplace.
6.3 -The relevant procedures to deal with disputes related to assessment in your own area of practice.

L07 Understand how to manage information relating to assessment of occupational competence

7.1 - The importance of following procedures for the management of information relating to assessment.
7.2 - How feedback and questioning contribute to the assessment process.

L08 Understand the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment

8.1 - The legal issues, policies and procedures relevant to assessment, including those of confidentiality, health, safety and welfare.
8.2 - The contribution that technology can make to the assessment process.
8.3 - The requirements for equality and diversity and, where appropriate, bilingualism in relation to assessment.
8.4 - The value of reflective practice and continual professional development in the assessment process.

Please add your own thoughts, comments and answers you feel would support others with answers to these elements of 301...

Matt
Author Mattymanc
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 7 Dec 2011 11:24
L02 Understanding the different types of Assessment

2.1 - How to use different types of assessment to meet the individuals needs.
2.2 - The strengths and limitations of a range of assessment methods in relation to the individual learner needs.

What are everyone's thoughts on the above?
Author fabpeterbradley
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 8 Mar 2012 11:28
its a nightmaere... lol am just starting mine... lookin threw google to find the The regulations and requirements relevant to assessment istuff! joy! lol
Author fabpeterbradley
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 8 Mar 2012 11:29
Nightmare* stuff*
Author anabelle
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 14 Sep 2012 21:12
totally stuck, please help on Explain the importance of following procedures for the management of information relating to assessment
Author anabelle
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 2 Oct 2012 14:57
Thank you, will look at this.
Author emzyck1
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 5 Nov 2012 18:08
[b]Mattymanc
Hi
Im just trying to answer some of the questions on unit 301,and preparing for a proffessional discussion
All i can say is WOW, im confused.
Author sassy
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 13 Jun 2013 16:05
can any 1 help me as im stuck on my assessors course question "identify the regulations and requirements relevant to assessment in own area" thanks
Author sassy
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 13 Jun 2013 16:12
can any 1 help me as im stuck on my assessors course question "identify the regulations and requirements relevant to assessment in own area" thanks
Care Assessor's Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Care Assessor's Forum / Understanding the Principals and requirements of Assessment
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?