| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Care Assessor's Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Care Assessor's Forum /

cross referencing of evidence

Author suef
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 09:42
Hi

I need to speed up on my cross referencing of evidence holistically across H&social care 2-4 does anyone have ideas to pass on? I dont know whether there is programme for spreadsheet referring .
I find it is becoming easier as I now know my way around the units and what units link etc but I amy possibley be taking on 25 plus new learners I would like to prepare so I have a head start.
Any ideas greatly recieved thank you sue f
Author steadysue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 8 Apr 2012 15:38
hello,
It really is a case of getting used to the standards and you can be sure that just as we get used to these ones there will be a change!
If there is a spreadsheet out there please share it.
I guess the alternative is to make your own but with so many units that could be a huge spreadsheet. I have seen the ones for mapping PLTS from Tech Cert and QCF and they are huge, must have taken forever.
Steadysue
Author nicola8691
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 26 Apr 2012 13:03
Hi,

I'm a new assessor focusing on level 3, however I am in Scotland therefore it is an SVQ rather than a NVQ.

I find that if you cross reference the moving and handling unit (optional) with the health and safety unit (mandatory) there is alot of oppurtunity for cross referencing!

I'm guessing that our units are not going to correspond, for example

HSC 31 - Promote effective communication for and about individuals
HSC 32 - Promote, monitor and maintain health, safety and security in the working environment
HSC 33 - Reflect on and develop your practice
HSC 34 - Promote choice, well-being and the protection of all individuals.

I have been advised to get candidates to start on their optional units first! get to know your mandatory units.

How long have you been in the post?

Nicola
Author suef
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 1 May 2012 10:18
hi Nicola
thanks for answering my post.
I have just been to standardisation meeting and have found out that you can submit a spiders web plan instead of an assessment plan, which is a great help.
I have utilised this method before but never knew you could utilsie as an assessment plan. as long as the candidate name/assessor name date etc with assesment plan at top this is acceptable.
If you put task in the middle then go over with candidate which knowledge points and Pc's this will cover. One task will cover most of the mandatories and some of the electives.
Hope this offers some insight for others.
Care Assessor's Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Care Assessor's Forum / cross referencing of evidence
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?