| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

potential consequences of poor practice, help needed plaese

Author sammy84
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 26 Aug 2009 15:20 | Edited by: sammy84
just when i thought id finished i need to cover this one, so any help or advice would be very much appreciated
hsc 361, ks f
the potential consequences of poor practice in relation to the application of standard precautions.

all i thought of was like pain, discomfort, stress to the patient????

not sure if i get it at all really!!!!!!!!!
Author sammy84
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 28 Aug 2009 17:48
can anyone help me at all??? please
Author Katrina
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 28 Aug 2009 18:24 | Edited by: Katrina
Hi sammy84, this is about infection control and why standard precautions are used to minimise risk of spread of infection. I don't know what setting you work in but think about sharing equipment without ensuring it is cleaned, not re using disposable equipment and the reasons for this. How does your workplace policy and procedure help to prevent spread of MRSA, C Diff, cleaning and autoclaving of re usable equipment. what would happen to your patients if they did acquire an infection and what would happen to your workplace, litigation, complaints, investigation by CQC etc. Look at www.nursingtimes.net and type in infection control in the search box. Hope this gets you started Katrina
Author sammy84
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 28 Aug 2009 19:02
ah thank you, yes it does help

i also found this, it does have additional bits about what and if things go wrong. could i use it???
Standard or Universal Precautions is term usually applied in medicine in relation to handling bodily fluids, particularly blood products.
Poor practice is not just confined to obtaining specimens or in administering blood products, but also into disposal of implements used and in the identifications process in relation to the recipients and donors of blood products
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / potential consequences of poor practice, help needed plaese
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?