| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

Apprenticeship level 2 H&S Care agreed ways of working & duty of care.

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Author Charlotte_x
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 10 May 2011 13:06
Heyyyy! I'm new to this so must bare with me.

Basically im doing the apprenticeship - level 2 H&S Care!!

And im stuck on a few units!! That i need to complete by thursday so was wondering if you guys could help me??

First unit im stuck on - CU2546 The role of a health and social care worker!

I dont understand what they mean by the agreed ways of working? and 'Implement agreed ways of working?'
Could some tell me what the agreed ways of working is? is it CQC standards maybe? im not sure at all!!

Second unit im stuck on -CT235 Introduction to Duty of care in health and social care.

What is the duty of care? I understand We as carers HAVE a duty of care but im not sure what it actually is?
Also adressing dilemas that can arise about duty of care? and involving rights? Im really stuck on this one.

I can't find any of this information in the health and social care book im using so maybe this is just common sense questions? However, i just need a kick in the right direction.

Would really appreciate a bit of help !!

Many thanks, Char x
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 10 May 2011 13:49
Hi Char,

Agreed ways of working refers to the care plan.

To implement agreed ways of working you follow the care plan.

Duty of care is the obligation you have to exercise a level of care towards an individual, as is reasonable in all the circumstances, to avoid injury to that individual or his/her property.

A dilemma can occur when an individual makes a risky choice. They have a right to do this and you must respect and support their choices but you also have a duty to keep them safe. What do you do?

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author Charlotte_x
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 10 May 2011 21:50
Hey aunty sue!!

Thank you! your a life saver! Has really helped me!!

Thanks again you legend lol

Char x
Author moo1990
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 15 Jun 2011 22:39 | Edited by: moo1990
This has just helped me out muchly with the "Agreed ways of working" So thanks muchly to Char and Aunty Sue :D

<3 Emma xx
Author darran
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 15 Jul 2011 17:54
please can you help me with
level 3 diploma 4222-304 principles for implementinting duty of care
]
]what is the principles for implementinting duty of care?

many thanks darran xx
Author dionne
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 20:30
i am doing nvq level 2 and have to do a presention on moving and handling and to include ruff draft how would i do this and wot to write as i am stuck.x
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 9 Aug 2011 10:50
Hi dionne,

For your draft think about, why we need to move and handle individuals, legislation, training, safety and risk assessments, equipment and the process. These are the areas for your draft, for your presentation you need to fill them in. The links below should help you with this:

http://www.nhs.uk/CarersDirect/guide/practicalsupport/Pages/movingandhandling.aspx

http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg143.pdf

http://www.disabledliving.co.uk/equipmentinformationformovingandhandling.shtml

http://www.maryseacole.com/praxis/movingandhandling/index.html

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author zabreena
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 30 Aug 2011 14:47
Hiya, im really struggling to find a good definition for "agreed way of working" x
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 30 Aug 2011 15:18 | Edited by: Aunty Sue
Hi zabreena,

Policies and procedures or "agreed ways of working" set out how your employer requires you to work. They incorporate various pieces of legislation as well as best practice. They are there to benefit and protect you, the individuals you support and your employer. They enable you to provide a good quality service working within the legal framework and most importantly aim to keep you and the individuals you support, safe from danger or harm.

Care plans are also "agreed ways of working" where the management of the individual's daily care needs are agreed and documented.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author abbiedani
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 24 Apr 2012 21:29
hi aunty sue,
any chance you could help me with this one:
a description of why its important that care workers follow guidance about the limits of their jpb role

thanks
abbiedani
Author steadysue
Forums Member
#11 | Posted: 24 Apr 2012 22:20
hello
Think about what could happen if you did something that was outside your job role. E.G suppose you administered medication before you had been trained, what could happen, both to your service user and to you.
Always look for simplest answer
Steadysue
Author StephaniePiper
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 7 May 2012 22:00
Hi,
Im studying my level 3 aswell..
Im stuck on limitations aswell but reading this has made it easier so thank you everybody
!! x
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#13 | Posted: 7 May 2012 23:12
darran

Hi, this relates to duty of care

http://www.cis-assessment.co.uk/docs/pdf/wb/St5_wkb.pdf

Author jackson
Forums Member
#14 | Posted: 14 May 2012 18:39
hello ther people... iv recently got back into care... i did start my nvq 6 years ago and completed nearly half of it... i then moved to a diferent type of work, but have found myself back in care n doin my nvq... iv opend my folder n am feelimg well petrified... im stuck on my first question... well im sur of how to rite my answer.. i to am on the ct235 quetions??? help!! x
Author kaylejade
Forums Member
#15 | Posted: 21 Aug 2012 22:07
could anybody clarify weather sections 3 & 4 in the err guidance are soley on my own working contract?
Thank you Kayle
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / Apprenticeship level 2 H&S Care agreed ways of working & duty of care.
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?