| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

unit 12 - understand mental health problems

Author dannii
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 4 Jul 2011 18:19
hi does anyone know what the requirements are for this unit plz?
Author cazzy
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 5 Jul 2011 11:46
Has your assessor given you the unit to look at, or a workbook to complete
Author dannii
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 5 Jul 2011 17:12
cazzy
no not yet she said she hasnt printed them all off yet, but i need to get it done as my deadlines approaching fast now so i dont know what i need to research on it x
Author cazzy
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 5 Jul 2011 17:23
Here are the questions you need to complete, if its the level 2 unit. These are taken from the unit 12 edexcel health and social care level 2

1.1 describe the main types of mental ill health according to the psychiatric (DSM/ICD)
classification system: mood disorders, personality disorders, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, substance-related disorders, eating disorders, cognitive disorders

1.2 explain the key strengths and limitations of the psychiatric classification system

1.3 explain two alternative frameworks for understanding mental distress

1.4 explain how mental ill health may be indicated through an individual's emotions, thinking and behaviour

2.1 explain how individuals experience discrimination due to misinformation, assumptions and stereotypes about mental ill health

2.2 explain how mental ill health may have an impact on the individual including:
psychological and emotional
practical and financial
the impact of using services
social exclusion
positive impacts

2.3 explain how mental ill health may have an impact on those in the individual's familial, social or work network including:
psychological and emotional
practical and financial
the impact of using services
social exclusion
positive impacts

2.4 explain the benefits of early intervention in promoting an individual's mental health and
wellbeing

Please check its the right unit.
Author kelly36x
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 22 Jul 2011 10:27
does any one know the answerr to limitations and key strenghts to the classifaication system this is driving me mad
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 22 Jul 2011 10:50
Author 88samsam
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 18 Sep 2011 13:02
can anyone help with the explaining two alternative frameworks for understanding mental distress?

Thanks
Author hannah1984
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 9 May 2012 18:33
hi could someone advise me on how to explain two alternative frameworks for understanding mental distress?? really stuck
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 9 May 2012 19:17
Hi, medical model & social model

hope these help too

http://www.sagepub.com/upm-data/30675_02_Coppock_&_Dunn_Ch_01.pdf

www.mind.org.uk (& use Search box
Author jeanettel
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 1 Oct 2013 19:59
hi can ayone help me with explain the key strengths and limitations of the psychiatric classification system please
Author jeanettel
Forums Member
#11 | Posted: 1 Oct 2013 20:10
hi can ayone help me with explain the key strengths and limitations of the psychiatric classification system please
Author Yoda
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 17 Nov 2013 18:29
jeanettel

simonsobo . com/
the-strengths-and-weaknesses-of-dsm-iv

Helped me (:

won't let me post it properly as im new on this site anti spam or something like that
Author lrmummy
Forums Member
#13 | Posted: 2 Jan 2014 21:26
can anyone help me answer this please. just cant seem to get it started. :/
1.4 Explain the how mental ill health may be indicated through an individuals emotions, thinking and behaviour.

its probably obvious but am struggling. thanks x
Author livechat
Forums Member
#14 | Posted: 3 Jan 2014 08:52
Cazzy reply is best..
Author lisajoycesylvia
Forums Member
#15 | Posted: 3 Nov 2014 17:01
please help.................

explain how mental health may have an impact on those in the individual familial, social or work network including: the impact of using services
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / unit 12 - understand mental health problems
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?