| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

Legal requirements for complaints

Author swills
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 14 Sep 2011 17:17
Hi

Can someone help me how to best describe the legal & organisational requirements for dealing with complaints ? I understand the organisational requirements meaning your own work policy on complaints and the codes of practice but it was what was meant by Legal requirement for ddealing with complaints please ?
Author Harry
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 14 Sep 2011 20:40 | Edited by: Harry
I am sure the legal element refers to an awareness of what is in the Act/Regulations as I have quoted below.
19(1) is what your 'effective system' consists of.
19(2)Is how you use it to ensure all parties are aware of the facility, are able to access the complaints system and then finally your duty to report to the Commission the information regarding the complaint and your actions.

I hope this helps somewhat. Other views from members will help.

Complaints
This section has no associated Explanatory Memorandum
19.—(1) For the purposes of assessing, and preventing or reducing the impact of, unsafe or inappropriate care or treatment, the registered person must have an effective system in place (referred to in this regulation as "the complaints system") for identifying, receiving, handling and responding appropriately to complaints and comments made by service users, or persons acting on their behalf, in relation to the carrying on of the regulated activity.

(2) In particular, the registered person must—

(a)bring the complaints system to the attention of service users and persons acting on their behalf in a suitable manner and format;.
(b)provide service users and those acting on their behalf with support to bring a complaint or make a comment, where such assistance is necessary;.
(c)ensure that any complaint made is fully investigated and, so far as reasonably practicable, resolved to the satisfaction of the service user, or the person acting on the service user's behalf; and.
(d)take appropriate steps to coordinate a response to a complaint where that complaint relates to care or treatment provided to a service user in circumstances where the provision of such care or treatment has been shared with, or transferred to, others..
(3) The registered person must send to the Commission, when requested to do so, a summary of the—

(a)complaints made pursuant to paragraph (1); and.
(b)responses made by the registered person to such complaints..
Author swills
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 14 Sep 2011 21:19
Many Thanks
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / Legal requirements for complaints
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?