| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

HSC level 2 diploma, security breach

Author shelly
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 19 Sep 2011 16:01
Hi, can anyone help?
I have to produce a leaflet about environmental safety, it has to include an outline of how to prevent and what to do in the event of fire, a gas leak, flood, intrusion and security breach, I have done all apart from security breach, does anyone have any ideas on what I could put down for this please?
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 19 Sep 2011 19:00
Hi shelly,

This is where someone outside of your setting breaches your security measures and gains access to confidential information.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author shelly
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 19 Sep 2011 19:26
Aunty Sue
Thanks Aunty Sue, that's a great help
Author donnamarie
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 20 Sep 2011 14:39
Hi, i'm also struggling with this one, could this mean a member of staff telling outsiders confidential information a resident within the setting or someone getting into the home and gaining information from the office?

Many thanks
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 20 Sep 2011 15:06
Hi donnamarie,

If it is caused by a member of staff it is called a security violation. If, for example, a member of staff leaves a personal file open to public view it is a violation. A security breach is when an outsider such as a visitor, reads the file. So a security violation can turn into a security breach.

A security breach can also occur when someone from outside your organisation deliberately gains access to information by bypassing (breaching) security measures eg computer hacking..

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author gazlinss
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 21 Sep 2011 19:07
donnamarie

Hi Donna,

Which organisation are you doing your diploma with? I am doing mine with NECA, the reason I am asking is, I might be able to help you with a lot of your questions that you write on here.

Gary
Author Tamz
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 27 May 2012 16:28
how can you prevent this from happening? i cant find anywhere to look
Author Immabegladys
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 21:56
Hi Aunty Sue, can u help me for this i need it for my college work.
Outline Procedure to be followed in the social care setting to prevent, floods intruding, security breach and gas leak?
Outline procedure to be followed in the social care setting in the event of floods intruding and security breach?
PLEASE can u help me about this i havent got a work placement yet that why i don't know about this. So could you please help me for this .PLEASE.PLEASE XX
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / HSC level 2 diploma, security breach
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?