| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

Unit 4222-331 nvq 3 diploma - describe how ethical issues that may arise over the use of medication

Author donnamarie
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 18 Jan 2012 16:29
nearly at the end of my nvq 3 diploma but struggling with one last question on this assignment;

describe how ethical issues that may arise over the use of medication can be addressed?

any help much appreciated thank you in advance
Donnamarie
Author suef
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 20 Jan 2012 19:04
Hi
Think of refusal to take life saving meds ; people who want to die;people who cry when you try to give meds; people who become angry thinking your trying to poison them ( especially prevelent with dementia) how would you deal with the above? you would follow organsational P&P on how to deal with differing situations, you would work within your level of organsation, seek guidance from senior, inform care managment /GP
I once contacted out of hours GP as a service user refused her drugs the whole day, he said unless they are life -saving meds most people have a build up of medication in their systems and it would not harm them . But you have covered yourself following procedures.
Remember to write about recording and reporting of any issues around meds

Hope this helps
Author donnamarie
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 23 Jan 2012 22:08
Hi Suef, many thanks for your reply, a great help

Donnamarie
Author helen66
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 20:49
can any one help me im just about to start the level 3 is the first test hard been long time since ive done any tests so bit worried and also what are the best units to take
Author helen66
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 26 Feb 2012 21:00
can any one help me im just about to start the level 3 is the first test hard been long time since ive done any tests so bit worried and also what are the best units to take
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / Unit 4222-331 nvq 3 diploma - describe how ethical issues that may arise over the use of medication
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?