| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

nvq 2 when to access/support information unit 324

Author louiseb
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 24 Feb 2012 17:50
Hi can anyone help please? would be grateful for a pointer in right direction thanks

I am stuck on question
outcome 2.3
Explain how and when to access information and support about identifying and
addressing specific communication needs?
Author Teens
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 25 Feb 2012 10:18
Hi Louise. You need as much information as possible about the individual's communication needs to ensure that their wishes and needs are met. In my work setting we get an 'easy care' plan before the individual arrives. This tells us of any specific needs the individual has on all aspects of their care. We then complete care plans, with the individual, to support them during their stay. Observing their interaction with others is a good way of finding out information also. Talk to the individual, their family/carers, other professionals involved in their care. If aids are needed (hearing aids, picture cards, pen and paper) make sure that these are available. If language is a barrier maybe learning a few words of their language would help. If their needs change you need to adapt to the changes.
Hope this helps
Teens x
Author louiseb
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 27 Feb 2012 16:02
Teens
thank you very much
Author kaitlyn
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 8 Jun 2012 16:12
im stuck on unit 234 question 5.2 describe types of support that an individual may need in order to use communication technology and aids.
how do i word this x
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / nvq 2 when to access/support information unit 324
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?