| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

UNDERSTAND THE ROLE OF THE SOCIAL CARE WORKER...UNIT 6...BTEC..LEVEL 3

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Author phil
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 12:01
Hi can anyone offer advice on- outline what you understand by "agreed ways of working" IF ANYONE CAN GIVE ME ANY HELP I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL, MY TUTOR SEEMS TO ONLY BE GIVING ME SUPPORT VIA EMAIL ....my email addy is ...pscfc@live.co.uk
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 12:06
Hi phil,

It means policies and procedures and it can mean care plans.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author phil
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 13:50
thanks
Author bexxy123
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 15:58
hi could u help me please my question is Explain the importance of full and up-to-date details of agreed ways of working.....
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 19:10
Hi bexxy123,

Think about the importance of having policies and procedures that are in line with the latest legislation and which provide staff with all of the information they need to care for individuals in the best way possible. Think what might happen if a setting wasn't complying with legislation.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author valda
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 20:47
HI,Aunty Sue

I need a big favor !!!
i have got a situation: im working in care home X,doing night shift,one of residents were very agitated,kept asking go home,tried to leave care home several times and at one occasion escaped through the front door.Persuaded her come back,later on she got settled,resident uses walking frame and eyesight is poor,otherwise is well.Resident got a doughter,who visits few times a week.
I need to do 3 different reports
1. for handover
2.meeting for resident X condition review
3.for doughter

MANY THANKS
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 14 Mar 2012 21:56
Hi valda,

1 Needs to include the facts of what happened plus information on issues such as her ability to get out through the front door (had there been a lapse in security?) and the methods you used to calm and settle her.

2 Again include the facts plus the reasons for concerns, any changes that you have noticed in her condition or behaviour and relate these to her present care plan.

3 What happened and what has been put in place to support her and her safety.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author valda
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 15 Mar 2012 13:52
Thank you so much,Aunty Sue :*
Author valda
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 15 Mar 2012 14:17
Dear Aunty Sue

because my assessor keeps rejecting my workbooks,i would like to ask you another help

"Say whether those scenarios are dilemma's and what makes them dilemma"?
1.One of the service users has an infection ,but refuses to take their tablets.
2.There is no smoking policy in care home,but one of service users wants to smoke in their bedroom.
3.Service user wants to go for a walk in to town,but there is no member of staff available to accompany them.

Many thanks
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 15 Mar 2012 16:07
Hi valda,

A dilemma is a situation where there is no easy solution due to differing needs/rights.

1 In order for you to carry out your duty of care you need the individual to take their tablets. However the individual has the right to choose not to take the tablets. Is this a dilemma?

2 There is a no smoking policy that everyone must follow even if they don't want to. Is this a dilemma?

3 This is dependent on whether it has been previously agreed for the service user to go for a walk. If it has then the setting has the dilemma - it is there fault for not ensuring that a member of staff is available.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author valda
Forums Member
#11 | Posted: 15 Mar 2012 16:39
Thats fantastic,Dear Aunty Sue ,THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!
Author valda
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 16 Mar 2012 13:59
Dear Aunty Sue

I need your help again

What happens if someone wants to make a complain ?
I need to outline complains procedure

MANY THANKS
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#13 | Posted: 16 Mar 2012 14:16
Hi valda,

You need your setting's complaints procedure for this.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author valda
Forums Member
#14 | Posted: 16 Mar 2012 15:23
Ok,thats fine,i will contact my employer - who actually never helps

Thank you :*
Author valda
Forums Member
#15 | Posted: 17 Mar 2012 12:37
Hello again,Dear Aunty Sue

If you could help me again with :
" which statement in the code of practice tell you that you should act only within your boundaries "?

Many thanks :*
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / UNDERSTAND THE ROLE OF THE SOCIAL CARE WORKER...UNIT 6...BTEC..LEVEL 3
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?