| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

ASSIGNMENT 204 - TASK A

Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Author MILOZIM
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 25 Apr 2012 14:49
Please Help I am stuck:
What Do I do if I suspect an indiviulal is being abused, other than the obvious report to your supervisor
What are the correct actions to take if an individual tells you they are being abused, Listen?
Identify how to ensure that any eveidence of abuse is kept safe

That's all for now till the next section.

Sorry Please help
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 25 Apr 2012 15:22
Author steadysue
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 25 Apr 2012 15:24
MILOZIM
milly2203
Hello,
Use your Safeguarding training, you will probably find most of information there.
Steadysue
Author brown
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 25 Apr 2012 15:28
Hello Milozim

I've recently completed this unit and found that the obvious answer is usually the right one! So yes, report your concerns to your line manager/supervisor. You could say that you'd write a private account for your records. Obviously that can't go in the Care Plan otherwise the abuser might see it.

If a client tell you they are being abused, you should stop what you're doing and listen carefully to them. All conversations should be treated with confidence and information only passed on to those who need to know. Even if the person speaks in the strictest of confidence, line managers must still be informed and the discussion written down. Never agree with the client that you wont tell anyone else. Say that you'll only tell someone who can do something about it.

If the abuse is physical, no attempt should be made to clean anything such as clothes or residence. The client should be dissuaded to wash. Other people should be kept out of the way. With financial abuse, evidence could be paperwork such as bank statements so these should not be thrown away. You should only remove anything that could be evidence if you suspect the abuser might dispose of it before the authorities can see it.

Hope these answers help
Brown
Author MILOZIM
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 26 Apr 2012 14:48
Thanks, but need a bit of clarifacation on the evidence section, one assumes that the carer has called her supervisor and possibly the police what else should one do to keep evidence safe -

And also who else do you tell you can't tell the family, as they might be the abuser? I've put supervisor, social services,

Help Please
Author MILOZIM
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 26 Apr 2012 22:40
Please Auty Sue help I really need to get it finished
Author MILOZIM
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 27 Apr 2012 11:25
PLEASE HELP I AM VERY STUCK - MY BRAIN SEEMS TO HAVE GONE DEAD
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 27 Apr 2012 21:48
Hi MILOZIM,

Your written reports of what you saw, what witnesses said, what the individual said, body maps, notes you made - pass them to your management for safe keeping.

Physical objects and the environment - do not move, close off the room if possible.

Plus Brown's advice.

You only tell your management. Its up to them to inform others.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author blighty300590
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 5 Jun 2012 21:44
Explain the roles of different agencies and professionals that are involved in safeguarding individuals Identify sources of advice, support and information to help social care workers understand their own role in safeguarding ????

help xxx
Author joanne00
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 31 Jul 2012 20:25
Hi could any1 help

I need to identify how to ensure that any evidence of the abuser is kept safe .

I know it seems easy but I just want to be right .

Many thanks

Joanne
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#11 | Posted: 31 Jul 2012 22:53
Author Hannah1990
Forums Member
#12 | Posted: 5 Sep 2012 18:22
hi i need help identifying how to ensure that evidence of abuse is kept safe
could you please help me

Thanks Hannah
Author connorsmummy
Forums Member
#13 | Posted: 23 Aug 2013 20:33
could someone pleade help me.... identify the national policies that set out requirements for safeguarding individuals thanks
Sarah
x
Author kels
Forums Member
#14 | Posted: 25 Aug 2013 11:48
your organisation will have policies on how evidence is handled. The most common evidence is your written account of what was said. You need to ensure that the evidence will remain admissible by not asking leading questions. You should try and write the account in the clients own words and usually you would seal the evidence in an envelope marked confidential and signed/dated. Then lock it away in a safe place where only authorised people have access.

Kels

http://healthandsocialcarenvqanddiploma.blogspot.co.uk/
Author deifa10
Forums Member
#15 | Posted: 27 Aug 2013 13:51
hi i am stuck describe two ways of finding out the history prefrences wishes of a person in care
Page  Page 1 of 2:  1  2  Next » 
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / ASSIGNMENT 204 - TASK A
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?