| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

assignment 204 task B help please

Author helens
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 7 May 2012 11:33
hi everyone, i need to identify 2 reports on serious failures to protect individuals from abuse. Write an account that describes the unsafe practices in the reviews.....well i have found the 2 cases i will be working with (winterbourne view and steven hoskin) but i dont quite understand what they are wanting me to do...would some one please just start me off on the written account and explain in English what they actually want. Thanks soooo much
helen x
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 7 May 2012 11:45
Hi helen,

See this:

http://www.cqc.org.uk/media/cqc-report-winterbourne-view-confirms-its-owners-failed-p rotect-people-abuse

You need to pick out examples of unsafe practice such as:

'systemic failure to protect people or to investigate allegations of abuse'

'Failed in its legal duty to notify the Care Quality Commission of serious incidents including injuries to patients or occasions when they had gone missing'

' staff did not appear to understand the needs of the people in their care'

'People who had no background in care services had been recruited, references were not always checked and staff were not trained or supervised properly. Some staff were too ready to use methods of restraint without considering alternatives.'

and there's a whole list bullet pointed further down.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author helens
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 7 May 2012 13:06
oh thank you so much aunty sue your a diamond i understand now what they are looking for thanks again xxx
Author helens
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 7 May 2012 15:15
oh thank you so much aunty sue your a diamond i understand now what they are looking for thanks again xxx
Author emm74
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 6 Jul 2012 15:24
Need help on this one to, but my assessor has told me that it has to be 2 local reports, but cannot find any, can you help please.
Emm
Author WildCat9511
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 26 Sep 2012 11:35
Try Baby Peter.
and something from maybe a decade or so ago. there may be more to write I found that this was the case.

Hope this helps
Author nutzfordy
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 4 Oct 2012 20:42
i used the Ian Huntley case, and Victoria Climbie
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / assignment 204 task B help please
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?