| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

please help...... person centred support

Author emma5
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 21 May 2012 10:42
hello new to this but having difficulty answering a question and how to word it. could somebody please help me. WHAT ARE PERSON CENTRED VALUES AND HOW CAN YOU PUT THEM INTO PRACTISE IN YOUR EVERY DAY WORK?

thankyou.
Author emma5
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 21 May 2012 12:08
can anybody help really having trouble answering this
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 21 May 2012 12:23
Author emma5
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 21 May 2012 13:07
thankyou aunty sue
i do understand most questions its just how some questions are worded.such as
EXPLAIN WHY IT IS IMPORTANT TO FIND OUT THE HISTORY,PREFERENCES,WISHES AND NEEDS OF EACH PERSON YOU SUPPORT?

HOW ARE THE CHANGING NEEDS OF A PERSON REFLECTED IN THEIR CARE PLAN AND HOW DOES THIS CONTRIBUTE TO WORKING IN A PERSON CENTRED WAY?
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 21 May 2012 14:05
Hi, this also may help too as relates to p-c support

http://www.cis-assessment.co.uk/docs/pdf/wb/St7_wkb.pdf

Author emma5
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 21 May 2012 14:20
it helped a bit but still not clear on some parts it seems to be asking me more questions than the ones i am trying to answer
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 21 May 2012 14:34
Hi emma5,

To apply a person centred approach you need to know about each service user's background, likes, dislikes etc in order to treat them as individuals.

A person centred centred approach means that the individual might want to change their mind about their care. The care plan should be flexible enough to be changed in accordance with the individual's changing needs and wants. Look at your setting's care plans and explain how/where they have been changed as the individual's needs and wants have changed.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author emma5
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 21 May 2012 15:33
thankyou aunty sue
Author emma5
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 21 May 2012 15:40 | Edited by: emma5
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO SUPPORT PEOPLE TO PLAN FOR THEIR FUTURE WELL BEING

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO SUPPORT A PERSON TO PLAN FOR END OF LIFE WHERE APPROPRIATE
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 21 May 2012 20:02
Hi, this relates to person-centred support

http://www.cis-assessment.co.uk/docs/pdf/wb/St7_wkb.pdf

section 2.4 relates to your question

Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / please help...... person centred support
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?