| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

assignment 306 aiii

Author lucylookc
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 12:00
Hello.
any help on this question would be great.
An explanation of how health and safety policies and procedures protect people who work in social care setting????
iv goggled it and searched but had no luck with finding some idea of correct answer.
Author milly2203
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 13 Aug 2012 16:08
Hi, are you able to refer to your workplaces' h & s policies & procedures as this should help you answer the question. Think about moving & handling, COSHH, Risk Assessments, Fire Safety, First Aid, etc, etc

Author lucylookc
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 19 Aug 2012 10:46
milly2203
Thank you..
My work place is a ladies private home and we dont have written policies and procedures so am unable to refer to them.
I know about the different policies but unsure how they protect people??...
they set out guidelines for care workers to follow,which i understand but dont understand how they protect???..maybe its way they word the question.
any more help towards the answer would be much appreciated.
thanks.
Author Sarah50
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 19 Aug 2012 12:15
Hi Lucy,

For example - Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 says that Employers have to provide M/H training, instruction, and such - Maintain the equipment that you use in your daily work and this in turn minimises the risk of harm to you and service users (Therefore protecting you) - in this Legislation, you will also have responsibilities.....Which protects yourself and others - Individual Risk assessments protect people as they are put in place - Mrs smith for example requires support to transfer from wheelchair to dining chair - A risk assessment would have the method of transfer in place on risk assessment which would ensure that this is done correctly and safely - (Protecting Mrs Smith and yourself) if risk assessment wasnt in place you would put her and yourself at risk of harm by not applying correct technique.....

This info may be totally wrong, but this is how I would be answering it based on what you have written
Author lucylookc
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 19 Aug 2012 12:44
Sarah50
Sarah50
that's great help...thank you.
finding this unit quite difficult at mo..
Iv also got to answer the same question for people USING the service provided and how there protected by policies and procedures?...would it be the same reasons as you have given me above ???...
any other help would be much appreciated
Author Sarah50
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 19 Aug 2012 13:04
Exactly - Fire safety for example - Organisational responsibilities to ensure safe environment (Fire regulations, adequate fire safety systems, fire training, regular fire drills) - Individual risk assessments again - - First aid training for sure - COSHH - Infection control...(What would happen if you used the same gloves for personal care on more than one service user).....
Author lucylookc
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 19 Aug 2012 13:50
Sarah50
thank you for your help!..iv just finished answering the first question i give you and now added it to my folder so thank you!...gonna make a start on next one now..
iv posted another question im stuck on on here dont know if your able-to view it and maybe help again please?.
thanks again for all your help Sarah50.very appreciated
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / assignment 306 aiii
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?