| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

list of legislation/code of practice relevent to equality,diversity discrimination

Author stressedmamof3
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 13:20
and how it apllies to my role????

any help ? xx
Author kels
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 13:45
Here's a list of some of the legislation.
Pick the ones most relevent to your client group, check out your company policies which should explain how you are expected to implement the legislation via practice.

Anti discrimination Act 1977

Racial discrimination act 1975

Age discrimination act 1975

Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001

Mental Health Act 1983 and 2007 amended Act

Carers (Equal Opportunities) Act 2004

Human Rights Act 1998

Race Relations Act 1976 and Race Relations (Amendments) Act 2000 and 2003

Sex Discrimination Act 1975 and 1986

Disability Discrimination Act 1995

Kels
Author stressedmamof3
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 16:24
thanks how can i word it regarding how it applies to my role ? x
Author kels
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 16:48
Just explain how you naturally incorporate it in practice. Give them examples. You might ensure, for example, that people with speciial educational needs or disabilities are able to access education and local facilities. This could be via practical help in getting them there or by challenging people's attitudes and not tolerating discrimination.

Kels
Author stressedmamof3
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 17:04
WOW- THANKS...... WHAT COULD I MENTION FOR CARE STANDARDS ACT? PLEASE XX
Author kels
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 20 Aug 2012 20:28
The care standards act has standards in there relating to

Equality- Protecting the dignity of service users (respecting their privacy etc), ensuring staff are fully trained and supervised (their are specific requirements set out for this).

Diversity- There are standards around recognising service users different needs (these could be religous, communication needs etc).

There is lots more in there but i can't remember it all off the top of my head. You should have a copy in your workplace. It's indexed so you will be able to find what you need easily. If not then come back to me and i will have refreshed my memory by then.

Kelsey
Author bigkev01
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 10 Dec 2012 20:06
I am still trying to find out how the human rights act and the mental capacity act relates to equality in learning disbilities
Author dhupa
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 16 May 2013 17:29
hi everyone can i get any ideas about unit3 activity 2 case study level 3 please thanks
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / list of legislation/code of practice relevent to equality,diversity discrimination
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?