| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

Unit 24 NVQ 2

Author cmp
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 28 May 2008 00:14
Hi All,

Ive been asked by my accessor to cover this unit in shift format which I am finding quite difficult. Im not exactly sure how to cover 24c as if Im on a shift. This unit is huge and its stressing me out
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 28 May 2008 12:06
Hi cmp,

Don't worry I know this unit can be daunting but it can be covered eg:

HSC24c
Talk to your line manager about the requirement of the PCs. He/she may be able to find an individual who is happy to help also.

You write a reflective account to show how:
PC1 You asked your line manager if you could look at the individual's records/care plan and discussed with him/her a, b, c, d, e.

PC3 You spoke to the individual in a respectful friendly manor and that you have built up a trusting relationship with him/her.

PC2 In your conversation you talked about your role and responsibilities for keeping him/her safe from harm e.g. 'Can I just check that your possessions are safe as its my job to report if any possible problems with them'.

PC4 c You checked that their possessions are safe.

PC6/7 If you find that there is a possible problem such as a watch is often left on a table and could be stolen, you report this to your line manager and make sure that other staff is alerted by entering your concerns in the appropriate records and at changeover.

PC6/7 If not you could ask your assessor to give you questions to cover them, PC5 and PC4a&b

You assessor could observe the process and/or your line manager could write a witness testimony.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author cmp
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 28 May 2008 16:19
Thanks Aunty Sue. Im going to ask my accessor on Friday if she can ask me questions. The other 3 units I found easy but this one is proving quite difficult. Im going to try and write my reflective account tonight. Thanks again for your help
Author cmp
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 28 May 2008 17:42
Hi,

Im abit stuck on the Values section. In particular 4 and 12. Sorry for all the questions! Im working with 2 others in a group and they are on unit 23 and we havent been through this abuse unit yet with the accessor as she is still helping the other girls with unit 23 so Im finding it abit tough. Your help is much appreciated
Author Katrina
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 28 May 2008 18:36
Have you had a look at www.thenvqman.co.uk? You will find lots there to help you, good luck, Katrina
Author cmp
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 28 May 2008 18:59
Thanks so much Katrina
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / Unit 24 NVQ 2
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?