| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum /

reflective account

Author elgin
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 11 Aug 2008 07:59
hi everyone

just a quick question. i was looking at doing a reflective account for health and safety and i was wondering whether i could do one based on my day to day practise. for example recounting what i did throughout a particular day to promote health and safety. At my workplace we do morning checks before starting work, carry out monthly health and safety checks, attend tenants house meetings where health and safety is on the agenda. if i can reflect on what i did and why would this be okay rather than reflecting on an incident. which i could answer as a question?
i feel i would be able to cover more of the performance and knowledge criteria this way

thanks for any advice
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 11 Aug 2008 12:33
Hi elgin,

A reflective account should cover actual events of a specific activity so yes, an account of what you did, step by step, in one activity is fine. I suggest you break it down into specific events such as a morning H & S check, a monthly check and a house meeting.

A general account of what you usually do is not appropriate. Also avoid phrases such as 'I always check........' as this is not specific to what you did at that time.

You seem to have got the right idea of linking what you do to why you do it and writing your account to fit the performance and knowledge criteria.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author isettaman
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 11 Aug 2008 23:26
Hi Elgin

Don't forget that you can include health and safety evidence when you are providing evidence for your optional units. Plodding through one unit at a time is very disheartening. Just think how many different units can be covered just by getting a client up, washed, dressed and given medication!
Just remember, as Aunty Sue said, you must always record specific times, or occasions when you have carried out the tasks or when incidents have happened.

Happy writing.

Dave
Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Health & Social Care level 2 & 3 Forum / reflective account
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?