| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
General Care Chat Forum W&P Care Training Forums / General Care Chat Forum /

TASK B PRESENTATION - please help

Author MILOZIM
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 14:06
Describe ways of working that are inclusive and support anti-discriminatory practice.

Explain how working in an inclusive way which recognises difference, can reduce the likelihood of discrimination.

Describe effective ways of challenging discriminatory practice in adult social care settings

Please help don't quite understand the questions. need to get this finished
Author MILOZIM
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 15:03
Aunty Sue please help with my questions - I really need to get this finished!
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 21 Feb 2012 20:34
Hi MILOZIM,

Just take them one at a time.

Examples

Planning activities that all individuals can be involved in regardless of ability etc, providing information that all individuals can access and understand etc.

Being accepted and involved can empower individuals so that they don't make easy targets for discrimination, including individuals from different religions and cultures, those with mental or physical disabilities, those who are well or less educated etc enables others to get to know them and learn about them so they are less likely to stereotype them etc.

Check that policies and procedures do not discriminate, discuss any poor practice in staff meetings etc.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author beckiegandy93
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 1 Nov 2012 15:05
Hi there Can some one help me with these questions too ^^^^^??
General Care Chat Forum W&P Care Training Forums / General Care Chat Forum / TASK B PRESENTATION - please help
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?