| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
General Care Chat Forum W&P Care Training Forums / General Care Chat Forum /

NVQ 3 Duty of Care

Author valdyan23
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 5 Mar 2012 18:57
Hello,

I have been doing my NVQ 3 for quite some time now and I am struggling with the following questions:

1. How does the duty of care affects the work of the social care worker?
2. What having a duty of care means for a care giving organisation?

Any help with those will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Author Aunty Sue
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 6 Mar 2012 10:40
Hi valdyan23,

Duty of care means that social care workers and care giving organisations must do as much as is reasonably possible to keep individuals safe from harm.

1 Think about following policies and procedures, being aware of dangers, carrying out risk assessments, respecting the individual's right to make risky choices (after you have done all that is 'reasonably possible' to dissuade them), taking actions to keep them safe, reporting dangers/problems etc.

2. Provide policies and procedures to keep all in the setting safe, respond to reports and complaints, address any risks etc.

Hope that helps

Aunty Sue
Author Dexi
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 2 Jul 2013 14:41
Thank you guys xxxx
Author Yourcarematch
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 27 Nov 2013 21:30 | Edited by: Yourcarematch
Nice answer,

You can get all information from here:

Your Care Match
General Care Chat Forum W&P Care Training Forums / General Care Chat Forum / NVQ 3 Duty of Care
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?