| Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Cookie Policy

Follow us on Twitter  Subscribe to W&P's Health and Social Care Training Forums
Leadership & Management in Care Services (LMCS) Award Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Leadership & Management in Care Services (LMCS) Award Forum /

NvQ 4 Management to RMA

Author Jasper772
Forums Member
#1 | Posted: 15 Sep 2009 17:37
Hi everybody,

Is is possible to convert your NVQ 4 management qualification to a RMA qualification?

What is the route? Is there a conversion course or and aaded element or would I have to sit the whole RMA course to gain this qualification?

Thank you to all who answer my cry for help

kind regards

J
Author DeeDee
Forums Member
#2 | Posted: 15 Sep 2009 18:52
Hi, are you looking to use your management qualification for registration with CQC? If so, you don't necessarily have to have RMA (now Leadership and Management) as CQC will recognise certain management qualifications as equivalent - look on their website. With regard to mapping your existing qualification , it would depend on what you have and when you did it.
Author Jasper772
Forums Member
#3 | Posted: 15 Sep 2009 19:26
Hi Dee Dee

Thanks for your reply.

I passed my NVQ 4 management approximately 1 month ago.

regards

J
Author DeeDee
Forums Member
#4 | Posted: 15 Sep 2009 19:44
Why do you want to do another management qual?
Author Jasper772
Forums Member
#5 | Posted: 15 Sep 2009 20:11
Hi Dee dee

Seriously considering purchasing a care home for the elderly.
Just was not entirely sure if I need to change current qualification to the RMA or the Leadership and Management as you put it. I have 12 years care experience, now debating taking the next big jump.

regards

J
Author DeeDee
Forums Member
#6 | Posted: 15 Sep 2009 20:53
If you are going to be the Registered Manager you need a level 4 in HSC( or current nursing qual) and a management qual at L4, doesn't have to be LMC or RMA - CQC website has list of acceptable management quals. Good luck!
Author Jasper772
Forums Member
#7 | Posted: 16 Sep 2009 07:32
Thanks vey much Dee Dee
Author Jasper772
Forums Member
#8 | Posted: 17 Sep 2009 08:07
Hello again,

Done what you said and went right through the CQC website seems I do have to complete the NVQ 4 HSC after all. I'll have to don the old tunic again, oh well!

regards

J
Author DeeDee
Forums Member
#9 | Posted: 17 Sep 2009 08:21 | Edited by: DeeDee
Make sure your assessor is aware of your existing qualifications as they may cover some of your new award - original certificates will need to be seen. Good luck!
Author katiestabler
Forums Member
#10 | Posted: 29 Nov 2011 15:36
I have a degree in business management. Does this compare to an RMA at all??
Leadership & Management in Care Services (LMCS) Award Forum W&P Care Training Forums / Leadership & Management in Care Services (LMCS) Award Forum / NvQ 4 Management to RMA
Your Reply
BB code for the Bold Style  BB code for the Italic Style  BB Code for the Picture  BB code for the URL     :) ;) :-p :-(   

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.
 Forgot password?