CARE Staff Training Packs
Safe Handling of Medicine Staff Training Pack
|Covers Skills for Care knowledge set on Medication. Meets CQC requirements. Meets the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities). Meets the outcomes for Skills for Care Common Induction Standard 8. Provides Evidence for Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) unit 36. Provides Evidence for Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units 47 & 80. Covers much of the knowledge for NVQ HSC221, HSC375. A single purchase allows you to print as many copies as you require.|
The Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, Outcome 21, Regulation 20 and the Social Care Record Guarantee (England) states that the Registered Person shall make arrangements for the recording, handling, safe keeping, safe administration and disposal of medicines used in the course of the provision of personal care to clients.
What's included in the Medication Training Double DVD/CD Pack?
The Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults pack is an effective and simple to use training tool, written & developed by experienced trainers.
The DVD includes:
• Power Point presentation viewable on your PC, Mac or TV via a DVD player.
The CD includes:
• Comprehensive printable staff training knowledge workbook.
• Power Point presentation of workbook.
• Printable training question sheets.
• Printable training answer sheets.
• Printable Certificate.
Certificates can be presented to your staff when they successfully complete their training.
The Benefits of using W&P's Training Packs
- A single purchase allows you train as many learners as you require.
- All packs include certification.
- Clearly written and very user friendly.
- Comprehensive - covering all required knowledge.
- Tried, tested and developed by experienced trainers and professionals.
What does the Safe Handling of Medicine Staff training pack cover?
Safe Handling of Medicine is covered in three parts looking at key areas that need to be understood in the safe handling of medicine.
1. The Law – Legislation and Medication.
2. The Control and Administration of Medicine.
3. Medicine its action, interaction and reaction.
Each part is self-contained and comprises of:
• The required knowledge.
• An accompanying Power Point Presentation.
• A set of questions.
• A set of answers to the questions for the trainer.
• A certificate that may be issued when the answers to the questions meet the trainer's requirements.
"Whether the establishment is large or small, whether the staff have a nursing qualification or not there is a duty of care that requires medication to be safely handled so that people who are cared for in homes and children's services are supported to take their medications safely".
Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
Medication is largely used for its therapeutic effect enabling individuals to lead a better quality of life. Medication is often a key element in the care of vulnerable adults. However medicine may have a dangerous or adverse effect on these individuals, giving us concern.
Whilst the packs provide all necessary knowledge, it is however essential that there is regular practical assessment of staff involved in the control and administration of medicine. Without this regular assessment individuals may be put at risk through bad practice.
Preview the Safe Handling of Medicine Training Pack
How do I use the Safe Handling of Medicine Training Pack?
Purchase your chosen pack or packs, duplicate the knowledge work book and give to your staff / learners or, use the powerpoint presentation to deliver a more visual training or, a combination of both.
Mark the completed question sheets.
Certificate all successful learners.