Health and Adult Social Care Staff Training Packs
Mental Capacity Act Training Pack
|Helps employers meet CQC requirements for staff training. Meets the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities). Provides Evidence for the Skills for Common Induction Induction Standards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8. Provides Evidence for Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units Advo 301 & DEM 313. Provides Evidence for Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (QCF) units Advo 302, Advo 304, & HSC024 .|
This learning pack is intended to enable you to explore the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and how you can apply it in your day to day work.
We have included examples relevant to people working with older people whose mental capacity could be affected by the process of aging or a specific and diagnosed illness that affects their mental capacity.
What's included in the Mental Capacity Act Double DVD/CD Pack?
The Mental Capacity Act pack is an effective and simple to use training tool, written & developed by experienced trainers.
The DVD includes:
• A Power Point presentations viewable on your PC, Mac or TV via a DVD player.
The CD includes:
• Comprehensive printable staff training knowledge workbook.
• Power Point presentation of workbook.
• Printable training question sheets.
• Printable training answer sheets.
• Printable Certificate.
Certificates can be presented to your staff when they successfully complete their training.
The Benefits of using W&P's Training Packs
- A single purchase allows you train as many learners as you require.
- All packs include certification.
- Clearly written and very user friendly.
- Comprehensive - covering all required knowledge.
- Tried, tested and developed by experienced trainers and professionals.
What does the Mental Capacity Act training pack cover?
1. What is the Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA)?
2. The Code of Practice that supports the MCA
3. Having Mental Capacity – what does this mean and how can you tell?
4. Why question mental capacity?
5. Lacking Mental Capacity – what does this mean and how can you tell
6. The 5 Principles of the Mental Capacity Act (MCA)
7. Who will have the ability to assess Capacity?
8. Advance Care Planning (ACP) – what it is and how it is used
9. Other People, Systems and Services that Support the delivery of the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act
10. Independent Mental Capacity Advocate (IMCA) - what they can do
11. Lasting Power of Attorney – what it is and how it is used
12. The role of the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG)
13. The role of the Court of Protection
14. Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
15. The Common Induction Standards
Preview the Mental Capacity Act Training Pack
How do I use the Mental Capacity Act Training Pack?
Purchase your chosen pack or packs, duplicate the knowledge work book and give to your staff / learners or, use the powerpoint presentation to deliver a more visual training or, a combination of both.
Mark the completed question sheets.
Certificate all successful learners.