Policies and Procedures for Domiciliary Services
CQC compliance for new and established Domiciliary Based Services
Professional Domiciliary Policies and Procedures
- Over 80 comprehensive Policies and Procedures for Domiciliary Services.
- A year of free updates (worth £49.99) is included when purchasing the full set of policies and procedures - Find out more about our unique update service >
- Cross checked to other legislative requirements eg Data Protection Act, Immigration and Asylum Act, Disability Discrimination Act.
- A comprehensive manager's notes section is included detailing how to use the policies, which pages need the purchaser's company details inserted and where to change them.
- Available as a complete set or individually
- No subscription required when purchasing
- Set out in alphabetical order for ease of use and ordering.
- Provided in word format, making them accessible, easy to review and update each year.
- Updates emailed to you directly as legislation or guidance requires.
- Simple to personalise by following the Managers Notes
- Demonstrate compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010.
Policies and Procedures included in the set
|Access to Premises|
|Access to Records and Files|
|Accident and Incident Reporting|
|Actions to be taken when making a referral to the POVA Register Updated Dec 2012|
|Autonomy and Independence|
|Care Needs Assessment Procedures|
|Collection of Prescriptions|
|Continuity of Care or Support Workers|
|Co-operating with other Providers|
|Criminal Records Updated Dec 2012|
|Dealing with Accidents and Emergencies|
|Dealing with Challenging Behaviour|
|Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Mental Capacity Act|
|Development and Training|
|End of Life|
|Enviromental Management of Business Premises|
|Equality and Diversity|
|Gifts and Legacies|
|Handling Service users’ Money|
|Health and Safety|
|Implications of the MCA for the handling of service users’ money|
|Investigation of Financial Irregularities|
|Job Descriptions and Person Specification|
|Medication Updated Dec 2012|
|Meeting Nutritional Needs|
|Moving and Handling|
|Monitoring and Accountability|
|Out of hours emergency on call cover|
|Preparing a Service user’s Contract|
|Prevention Of Pressure Sores|
|Privacy and Dignity|
|Protective Clothing and Equipment|
|Protection of Vulnerable Adults|
|Range of Activities and the Limits to Responsibility|
|Recruitment and Selection|
|Referrals to the POVA Register|
|Relatives Friends and Carers|
|Religion and Belief|
|Safeguarding of Service users from Abuse|
|Self Funders and Personal Budget Holders|
|Service User Plans|
|Services to Direct Payments and Self Funding Service Users|
|Staff Grievance Procedure|
|Supervision Updated Dec 2012|
|Use of physical Intervention|
|Vulnerable Service users|
|Working with Service Users who Might lack Mental Capacity|
Preview the Domiciliary Services Policies and Procedures
Purchasing the Domiciliary Policies and Procedures
You can purchase online as a complete set or individually. Please choose below.
Alternatively call us on 01305 767104 to purchase over the phone.
Tried and Tested Policies and Procedures
Please take a minute to read the feedback received from Debbie Davies at First Choice Community Support Services
What Service Types are the Domiciliary Policies and Procedures suitable for
W&P's Policies and Procedures for Domiciliary Services are suitable for the following Health & Adult Social Care service types as identified in the Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
DCC = Domiciliary care services including those provided for children
EXC = Extra Care housing services
SHL = Shared Lives (formerly known as Adult Placement)
SLS = Supported living services
LDC = Community-based services for people with a learning disability
CHC = Community healthcare services
HPS = Hospice services
For Residential Policies and Procedures click here.
Unsure of your service type or it does not appear on the list, please call us on 01305 767104.