Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, 2000 c.5.
1. APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
This Site is connected by “hyperlinks” to other websites. We are not responsible in any way for the privacy practices on other websites and suggest that you review the privacy policies on those linked websites before using them.
2. WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO YOU
We have designated an officer of the company to be accountable for our policies and practices with respect to the management of personal information. Any questions, comments or complaints that you might have about our privacy practices should be forwarded in writing to:
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Personally identifiable information or personal information is defined as information that identifies you, as an individual, and includes your name, home address, home telephone number, and e-mail address.
We only collect personally identifiable information about you after you have specifically and knowingly provided such information to us. By voluntarily providing this information to us at various points when using our Site, including, sending us a comment or suggestion, entering a chat room or bulletin board, or entering a contest that is posted on our Site, you will be consenting to the collection and use of your personal information by us for that online activity. You are under no obligation to provide us with this information and can access many aspects of the Site without providing us any personal information.
4. THE PURPOSE OF OUR COLLECTING INFORMATION FROM YOU
If you participate in an online activity, your personal information will only be used for the purposes of that online activity, unless you otherwise provide us with your consent. For example, we will collect and use personal information for the following purposes:
- To respond to your questions, or comments you forward to us.
- To run chat rooms, bulletin boards or other areas of interaction with other members. To keep stastistcal information on Site use.
- To send newsletters to subscribed users.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any other party without your consent. However, we may disclose your personal information in the circumstances set out below.
We may be required by law to disclose personal information without your consent in the event of emergency situations or when required by government or other legal authority.
Please be advised that when you voluntarily disclose information on the bulletin boards or in the forum or chat areas of our Site, your personal and other information disclosed in your communication shall become public information and can be collected and used by other parties. We cannot control what third parties in the bulletin board or chatroom do with your personal information.
6. NON PERSONAL INFORMATION In addition, we collect non-personally identifiable information, which is information that does not identify you personally, but becomes available to us as a result of your visit to our Site. This information includes; your IP address, a number automatically assigned your computer when you visit the Site; your Internet Service Provider; and your Web Browser.
One way we use this non-personal information is as a diagnostic and administrative tool for identifying system problems and administering the Site.
We collect personal and non-personal information in a non-identifying, anonymous and aggregate form to enhance our Site design and for statistical purposes. These statistics and reports will contain only aggregated and no personally identifiable information.
7. SAFEGUARDS WE HAVE IN PLACE
We employ reasonable managerial and technical measures to ensure that your information is secure. For example, all personally identifiable information is maintained behind a firewall.